Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Army Marathon

Well, it was a long trip but I'm finally back from Texas. The drive down went great.  The actual race was great also, except that the temperature dropped to 30 degrees, really windy, and it was raining. I think the turnout was around 1000 so it was a small event, but overall fun. I came in at 1hr52min,  a personal best so far. It's hard knowing I could of came in faster if I didn't have to dodge the half marathoners.
The drive back to Ohio was a nightmare. So on Sunday night a storm hit the south. I literally spent one day on I-30, which had about 3 inches of ice on it.  Then spent another day on I-40 for same reasons. Overall travel time: 3days.
Is it really that hard to keep salt on hand for emergencies? Putting sand on ice doesn't solve the problem! It literally looked like a war zone with all the wrecks scattered everywhere.
 
I just added a link to YouTube at the top.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment