Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ceremony

So today the WTU (warrior transition unit) had a change of command ceremony, so had to be in uniform. To be honest it felt good to be in ACU's again, even though the formation looked sad with all the wounded in it. It's funny how its easy to tell if people are combat arms or POGs (people who are not combat related),so I got my group to chat with and hang out with when the typical hurry up and wait occurs with the army.

So last weekend I was driving around my F-150, I'm not able to go out all by myself yet, but the VA just approved the crane for the back of my truck so I can go out on my own. This is really my last obstacle for my independence so I'm really excited about it. The hand controls are really easy and I really didn't even notice, like it felt normal to drive. The operation is simple, push forward for brake and pull down to accelerate. The best thing is Kara is still able to drive it as well.

Well that's all I will talk about today, maybe some more call of duty to relieve stress. If I have anything else to add I will edit this post.

2 comments:

  1. Jason, we've never met, but I've been following your blog ever since Kara started it. I learned of your injury in our church bulletin at Northeast Church of Christ, Cincinnati. Someone there knew your dad and family, but now I can't remember who it was. Your courage after being wounded and your positive attitude are simply amazing and strengthens all of us as Christians. I hope to meet you some day and to "thank you" in person for your service and your sacrifice for our country. I will continue to pray for you and Kara and the trials in life that lie ahead. But as believers, we know that with God all things are possible. So don't give up, and may you be showered with God's many blessings. A new friend, Ken Ellis, Lebanon, OH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    I echo what Ken wrote. I don't know you both personally but am so impressed with you too. You shine for Jesus with your attitude, faith and tenacious spirit. Keep it up! I hope to be blessed enough to meet you both some day. Never give up! Always keep looking up! Blessings!
    Barb Jenkins

    ReplyDelete